Meditation's starting again, slowly

 I've been meditating on-and-off for the last several years, and over the last few weeks I've been slowly catching up on it. Because it's one of those practices that you get the full benefit of only and only iff you keep on doing it no matter what on a daily basis, regardless of who you're with and what you're doing, no excuses. That's not been my experience, I need the perfect combo of circumstances to get meditating, which hasn't been ideal for the maintenance of the practice as you can imagine since I'm traveling all the time and disruption is the name of the game for me, schedule and personal-space wise. So now that I'm starting it again, I really need to build a more sustainable and long-lasting practice, not overcommit to it so that I can't continue it, but put myself into it enough that the inertia itself will push me forward if nothing else. Such as this blog. Eventually I'll build respect and reverence for the practice, as I've been doing for the writing process as well. I understand of course that the writing is no good, but I promise I won't be half-assing and calling y'all idiots and fools for reading it and I'm no dumdum either, it's something I enjoy doing, and it's making me a better person. And so will the meditation, I'm confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.