BALEN BALEN BALEN

Note for future me: I'm writing all of this in mid-November because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip.

I wrote about my Balen obsession a couple of months ago, and it seems he's still doing well? The people of Kathmandu absolutely adore him, and for no reason apparently: he's cleaned up the city, enforced age-old rule that nobody had the balls to execute through, and generally established the rule-of-law in the capital. Plus, new businesses coming in, more stability so businesses can thrive, and encouragement of traditional practices and languages and culture, I don't mind. Good stuff happening, glad he has not flamed out in ht last six months, of being elected, at this rate nobody would complain about having him as a longer-term mayor of the city. Which means yes, I'm not going to have a great shot at being the city's mayor, but it's alright, I'll find something else to do. He's doing better than I would have, as it is already!

Good luck to our boy Balen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.