Review: Setting up wifi plugs at somebody's place

Note for future me: I'm writing all of this in mid-November because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip.

I spent a night and a day at PN's place setting up their wifi plugs since they were out of town and needed to set a 'vacation schedule' for room lights to scare away potential thieves and robbers. P had apparently tried setting those up at the very last moment but given up due to the complexity.

On one hand I was a bit high, but on the other hand, there was no goddamn reason it should have taken three plus hours, and no real sensible reason that I should have had to change the DNS settings on my cellphone to get those goddamn plugs working. If your product needs a software engineer to get it working, maaan it's definitely not targeted at the mass market.

Either way, P sent me an embarrassing amount of money for my cab fare and meals and the like and I was shy about that at first, but later accepted it because it did feel like I was like working working when the damn plugs were being setup and yeah okay I got paid for my labor, whatever. Because I wouldn't have volunteered to do it otherwise!

Do not recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.