Boston endings: the old gang isn't around anymore

Note for future me: I'm writing all of this in mid-November because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip.

In the previous post I wrote about what a great time I had at the Dashain party in Boston, and met up PK's friends and that group. That was fun exciting and all, but it also felt, the entire trip I mean, like the end of an era. My old group is no more, and I didn't meet anybody else there, because everybody's either moved elsewhere or out to the 'burbs.

Which means there's none of our older folks from way back there anymore, it's not about the people anymore when I go, it's about the town and man I did stay there for long but never really fell in love with the city. It wasn't the city's fault, I did stay at the most boring and 'up-and-coming' town/suburb of the city, didn't see the glitz and glam of the good ole' beantown. There's no lostlove between us.

I hate to admit this, but I don't know when I might go to Boston anymore, if ever. Definitely not on my own dime anymore, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.