Review: Steve Martin's Born Standing Up

Note for future me: I'm writing all of this in mid-November because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip.

I read Steve Martin's Born Standing Up in my flight from VA to Boston. Finished it right as I got into my friend's apartment too. Couple of observations.

Steve Martin is a freakin' genius, no way around that. The writing was alright and rather stilted and old-fashioned. And one will absolutely not learn anything, anything at all about comedy or performance from the book because he was so far above the clouds from anything else.  A god among women, no comparison.

The book's alright. It's  quick read and I didn't mind, I wouldn't reread unless I was VERY bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.