Old country farm trip, cream cheese yucky muffins, lots of child fun, drive to the winery and fancy realizations, thukpa dinner [Sat 22]

Disclaimer: I'm writing all of this in the last week of November, because I couldn't make the writing happen on time. It's okay, I got September done, and October gonna be done in a day. Then gotta start with all of November...at the end of the month. I'm nothing if not optimistic!

In the morning we went to Old Country Farm, which is one of those large areas that's a pretend-farm for kids, where they have token animals and a bunch of farmyard activities. Not much for me to do, but my niece eventually had a lot of fun. The cream cheese muffins were the nastiest, grossest ones I've ever had. The corn maze was alright though. Mostly families with children. There was a group of people in their twenties with cute women though, so that was something to look forward to.

After the farm we went to the winery next to it, on top of the mountain, it reminded me of good old Nepal vacation times. Rich people things. Everybody got drinks -- I got alcohol-free -- and we stayed out in the sun, then sat on the grass as we watched a pretty terrible country single mess up many classic country songs.

In the evening AD made Nepali style thukpa, after getting the noodles at the Indian store all by himself, it was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.