It's becoming clearer I'm not a good writer but I shall persevere

Note for future me: I'm writing all of this in mid-November because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip.

The only serious writing I've done is on this blog, and as a pretty voracious reader in a former life I can tell if this is the sort of writing that's going to translate to works of fiction, that work would be boring, rather b&w and unreadable. And also do I even have the drive?

SB's sister Sb, who's also a friend of my sister's is taking writing way way wayyy more seriously, she's gotten several screenwriting projects out and is seriously working on a novel currently. And i bet a thousand bucks any of that is way better than all the things I've produced in the entirety of my writing career. And she's unable to get writing fellowships. Which means I'm just a writing loser.

but I knew that.

My winning factor here is the perseverance. To keep going at it despite how unlikely it seems that I'll ever get better at it.

The fight goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.