Reflections on what I should have done in my Boston stay

Note for future me: I'm writing all of this in mid-November because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip.

I wrote in the previous post about how awesome it's to live in the heart of the city and how living away from it can be a significantly different, often disappointing experience.

When I was in Boston, I was talking to my coworkers about my regrets from time in Boston, the decade that was spent there. Most of it was spent out in the relative boonies of Medford, and things were...fine, but man, in recent days there's been a reconsideration of how things might have been different if I'd not been in such an immigrant money-saving mode, and instead decided to splurge a little bit and be in the middle of all the action.

First, I'd have lived with just one roommate, which would have been fine. Second, all the bars and restros would have been so close, going out would have been more frequent and considering i'd recently gotten out of college, I imagine there'd have been a lot more of catchups with college friends. And maybe made new friends too. If not that, at least gotten into new hobbies, seen the allies and corners from a whole new perspective, understood the locals better, and the people who lived there.

But then Covid would have come, fucked everything forever, and I'd probably have hated my life and wondered what life would have been life if I'd not effing wasted all that money on nonsense and just lived in the relative boonies like all my friends and saved all the money, probably. Because as much as I might hate it, I'm a rather boring person who's into boring things and for sure I'd not have made the most of living in the heart of the city.

Like right now, it's the 19th, AS(y) just told me they're going to Barboza and invited me, and I said I'd be going to bed in 10, which is true, but so boring. Uhh. I'll always be myself no matter what, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.