A bunch of travel plans, some cancelled but some working

 I planned for a couple of hours to go to Cook Islands, yesterday. It didn't work because I'd have to leave in a month or so. Then maybe, I figured, I could take the Amtrak coast liner or whatever to LA, crash at a friend's place, and fly back to Seattle. Nope, because my friend who I was counting on crashing with doesn't have a stable living situation. But you know what I am excited about? Going to Europe, which has become ever more likely. I'm thinking this winter, in December, from DC to Amsterdam. The money right now is 450 which is absurdly affordable (might end up being cheaper than my flight to the East Coast and back, which is a big deal!). Thinking of using Amsterdam as the central location, and travel all across Europe, to Prague and Budapest and uh Italy and France. Probably going to be staying at backpacker hostels because yeah Europe can be priceyyy, but depending on what the room bookings are like in the off-season -- after all central and Western europe is quite cold and rainy in the winter-- might even end up staying up at real hotel rooms.

Am I excited? To meet my family, yes. To visit, visit Europe? Hmmm, mayyybe? Truth be told, I've never actually had a real desire to go to the continent, and the cute urban vistas that wow everybody just don't do it for me, you know? Like maybe I've seen 'em too much in tv, or because I hung out so much in Kathmandu, but I get no buzz off medieval architecture in small towns.

Sooo yeah, hoping that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.