Bringing in plants from VA

 I brought plants from VA, written about that already but this is the update about how they're doing.

The Chinese money plant has been planted in parts in seven different pots sharing them with their original inhabitants, and is doing well generally. New leaves coming up, old leaves growing better, haven't seen signs of browning or drowning. It'll likely survive and in another month or so start thriving.

The two or three kinds of spider plants are going gangbusters. Gang.busters. They're upright, full of might and growing stronger and stronger. Couldn't have asked for a better situation.

Pothos plants are...alright. I don't know how to transplant pothos, or maybe they take time to adjust to their new surroundings, but they've started rooting and throwing new leaves but I wouldn't say they're thriving. They're surviving, haven't dried out and gone dead and that's the best we can hope for. By next summer they'd be doing really well probably.

Monstera is not doing well. The two leaves haven't browned but wilted and it's unclear to me if they're still synthesizing for the plant or nah. I can see tiny protrusions from the branch, signs that the plant might be trying to send new branches and leaves, but it's been like that for two months now and nothing exciting has happened. There has been no major rooting incident either. This is not at all a surprise since this plant was the most damaged during the journey but it's also the prettiest of the ones I brought. Wish it works out, preferably within ghis season.

I got reasons to think the plants will work out. The ones brought in from Sb did, and they struggled a lot more. Possibly that I'm giving the plants a lot of attention might be why their growth is hindered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.