Annoying dental office payment policy

 This is about the Faifax Oral surgery place in Virginia, which has several branches across NoVA, where I got my wisdom teeth removed.

Apparently it's their policy to charge people fully for their dental surgeries and treatment, and then file for insurance. Whatever amount insurance covers, they refund it back to the patient through paper checks several months later.

It's so inconvenient to wait and track a cheque coming in from a dental place several months after you've had your procedure. Not to mention getting thousands of dollars charged on your card in not possible for everyone and could severely hurt somebody's credit.

Crappy policy from a place that had great service otherwise. I know collecting form insurance is a big deal, but I'm not happy about this. It feels...dare I say it...unclassy! Declasse...french!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.