On the pain of a batch of a very messed up batch of pancakes

It was beans
Moong beans
Sprouted
And blended
And added with
flour all-purpose
And a little bit of
-- or it should have been --
a lot of
baking powder,
because  friend told me
it's good.

I got
overconfident,
that one's on me.
Put an entire
panful
of pancakes
without doing
a test run.
Too runny
the mix was
not enough
to hold together
and so
The first two cakes
were more of
gruel, than otherwise.
Bitter, bitter,
oily gruel
For I had
Overdone the
Powder of baking.
It
looked
disgusting.

I tried again,
added more flour
and a bit more waster
and eventually,
things got alright
kinda,
they were still
bitter, thanks to the powder
but they were solid
and round
and well cooked.
They didn't have
the texture
of gruel,
the biggest win
there ever was.

It was painful
eating the gruel cakes
with the spicy sauce
but one must suffer
to learn better,
and so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.