Airplane work-commute is a hit

Working on the plane on transcontinental flights is such a common thing at this point, it turns out everybody is doing it. The lady sat next to my seat definitely was, and so was the guy in front of my seat. So popular in fact, Delta have us exactly where they want-they doubled the price of the internet from 10 backs like they used to, to 20 dollarydoos. And of course we will pay it, through our goddamn noses because they know it's an entire workday, or a vacation day, that we were saving. I gotta say, I was not expecting a random mid-week midday, transcontinental flight to be at full capacity. Americans sure like to travel

The great outcome, besides the work bit, was that they didn't care if I tethered the connection or nah, so being on the plane was like being trapped in a slightly noisy coffee shop that you need to go through security line. All channels of personal and professional communications were open. Which meant when AR(Y) went in to my place to pickup the key, I was able to buzz her in, no problem!

It'll be the same way on my return trip too, and possibly all the future travel, because... why not? Going to Nepal and back takes 2 days already, so if one can save on those two precious times then the stay there can be optimized to wazoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.