There is nothing between us

There is
not a god damn thing
between us,
not anymore.
Not after all that happened
between us,
my people and your.
The personalities
Oh so different.
And our desires,
So out of whack,
it was a surprise
we even made it work
for however long
whatever that thing was.
So there is no fear, there is no pain,
If as a polite semi-stranger I reach out again,
to check on the state of your life,
and where your education is, all the rest,
for we were out oh so clean
alive and well with so little mean
No hole to fall back into, no whirlpool to pull Not even cherished memories to torture us
That could make us fools and be patch-up keen,
Oh so glad am I of this situation, let me dance,
For there is so little between us,
As much as between Mongolia& Republic of France, No danger of catching feels here, not a chance. So we can be polite strangers and ask what's your situation, what's with the clown mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.