Book Review-Elephants can remember

I listened to this Agatha Christie Poirot novel as an audiobook, mostly during my flight to VA. This was the Dame's last published novels and it's not rated as well as her other works. I mean, it does get tedious after a while if all the characters begin with a 'well...! But I like to think Christie was aware of her advanced age, and the possibility this might be her last work ever, which is why the book is all old-timers reminiscing about old times, old friends, the days of the Raj, memories of a very different bygone era.

The plan was to borrow the better/books, but this was the only available in the library system... so there weren't other options.

Pretty decent book, I didn't find it intolerable as I listened, and I do appreciate the lack of too much action in Poirot books. Some solid stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.