Class matters and me

It'll be short, I'm writing a bit before 10PM on a Sunday evening, have four journal posts to go after having written 14 posts otherwise and it has been a busy weekend. Plus I got my journey ahead of me in 35 hours, haven't even thought of packing yet, scary idea that.

The thing is we had AR(e) and her fiancee over the other day, and we talked a lot about families in Nepal and privilege and class matters and I may have let on too much of my snootyness on. It's not something I'm public about and I'd rather hide that side of me, that my egalitarianism isn't out of my communistic concerns but from the need that everybody should have the right to be as privileged as I was, aka not 'beggar thy neighbor' but 'boogiefy thy neighbor', and that is going to be the clarion call of the future.

Dunno how folks felt about it though, I smoked up after a really long time, and got too invested into tasting my own homemade chhyang (rice jaad actually, the chhyang will be had when I'm back). In any case, what a night, what. a. night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.