So my rent is going up, I need to decide in six months if I want to sign again

I should apologize to myself, I jinxed the whole thing by telling people what a great deal I had told everybody how I had such a good deal and how the reason I was staying in Seattle was due to the amazing rent deal I had gotten and the gods must have heard that because I got the notice of rent increase yesterday, it'll start from the May of next year which means I'll have to let them know if I want to renew the lease in April. I'll probably do it, quite likely, but still..a bit of a bummer and what not.

It's not going up by that much truth be told, a total of 115 dollaroos, of which 100 is in rent and 15 is in 'utilities'. Even after the raise I have a quite decent and reasonable price for the location and benefits and size and the independence and freedom I'm getting plus I won't have to worry about the hassles of moving away or the interest rate and what not. And dude, like home ownership is massively overrated I've come to realize, I don't care for a home, I don't want to own a home, there's no way in hell a home ownership is justified at current rates and prices and unless one or both things comes down significantly, I'd rather be a free agent than be bound my commitment to home ownership. I'm not afraid of the commitment, I'm afraid of the shitty numbers the economy is giving me.

So yeah, the raise is not that much and all things told it's okay, just a little disappointing I'll be paying like $1300 more dollars a year. Probably will be covered easily by my raise next year, so no big deal there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.