Egg and potato for lunch, walk to work with audiobooks on, hot drinks on the ninth floor, walk back and dinner plans, walk to hau hau, large dinner for four in 2 hours, hangout with AR(e) and A, chyang and smokes, sleepytimes late [Fri 1]

 In the morning I turned the last remainder of the potatoes from the week before into a filled omlette with tofu and it was okay, a bit too salty but I ate it and it was fine.

After work I put on an audiobook and walked to the office, Tapped in, spent some time getting tea and coffee and walked home, just when I confirmed with AR(e) that she and A would indeed be coming later at night for dinner. So I gathered my backpack and went to Hau hau for getting some basic supplies. Bought basic veggies etcetera, came home and started cooking. Made a large dinner that ended up feeding hmm lets see three plus four seven...ten people a meal each, at least. Anyway. Made like six different items in two hours, which means I have gotten really good at optimizing cooking and cutting and planning in the cooking. It was mapo tofu with rehydrated shiitake mushrooms, the water from which was used to cook jasmine rice, gundruk, titey karela, very thick and heavy dal, and golbheda and dhaniya ko achar. Yum. Yum. Yum. Chhyang for drinks.

They came around 8.30, we started with chhyang, went onto weed, and then the conversations got into a whole strange land we forgot to eat entirely until it was so late at night. AR loved my cooking and had second and third helpings, A couldn't eat the spicy food so he didn't consider it as big a success, and we called it a night at half past one, packed things up and went to bed, fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.