Winter slow-fermented un-soured kefir is the best, turns out

I tried my batch of milk kefir that I'd put in milk last milk, hadn't touched it because it hadn't solidified yet and it appeared the fermentation had gone quite slowly. So I thought the grains hadn't energized after their hibernation, but it turns out they were fine, just going by the winter temperature, slower than the regular fermentation pace. And it turned out to be just thick milk, not at all sour with the fermented flavor, it wasn't sweet, just neutral flavor. Easy down the throat, nothing exciting, energizing, and one fine way to get the nutrients from the milk (which, turns out, is not as nutritious as it's made out to be, but that's by the by).

Anyway, another experiment with kefir tried, and succeeded, rather accidentally this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.