New information from the work situation

It turns out the layoffs that happened at my book 6 weeks ago to the day hadn't been 'victimless', so to speak. A major victim who had been laid off during the time was somebody from my group, from within my squad, one of the engineers doing the same thing as I do. So freaking close to home man, crazy times, scary scary. But on the other hand, he wasn't doing much and things were slow for him. Which is not to say good riddance, because I very very very much would not have wanted to be in his place, but oh well what is done is done and if there's not much that can be gained, we must go ahead. I guess I should take the work more seriously at this point but I...just..can't, things are organized so poorly it's unclear what I need to do or how to organize the remaining work to begin with.

Yeah, out of a hair's breadth from the unfortunate situation, and hoping I skip away from this for at least several more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.