A reminder to self: just ten minutes a day towards your fantasy future

I talked to my sister about my career ambitions goals etcetera. She gave me a great advice: spend ten minutes a day working on it. It's not a big ask. Every day, move your career progression ahead by ten minutes. Talk to somebody, think about something important, come up with an interview strategy, think of a social connection, or whatever you think will take you to get there. Just, like, do it man! Don't worry, don't be silly, just...get at it?

That seems too good to be true? Yet that's exactly what you want. And with other things in my life too. Why am I not meditating, not even spending 10 minutes a day on it? Why won't I do workouts, only ten minutes a day? They aren't big time commitments, they're even smaller mental commitment. All I need to do is sit down, give myself the space, and do it.

I like to blame it on not being in control of my surroundings. That ain't right. Nobody's stealing 1 hour from my days. It's all me. Sit down, adult up, do it. Don't complain, don't worry. Look ahead, focus. Not in an intense smartypants way. Visualize your goals, and walk those steps.

 Remind yourself of these points often, lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.