Review of the 1974 AD concert in Seattle

This will be a quick 'review' because I'm not really an expert (or amateur) in writing about music. But I went to this concert, something that rarely happens and it's worth writing about.

On Saturday evening I went to the 1974AD concert with a bunch of friends. I paid 100$ for the concert, I think we massively overpaid for the seats as we went to sit with friends at the back of the room, losing like half of the ticket's worth. But it's okay, I had my money's worth of fun. Regardless, the next time I get on one of those concerts, I'll get the cheapest ticket because the seating choice is just a suggestion, not a rule.

The food they had outside the event was pretty decent, at least whatever vegetarian items they had.

The event began relatively on schedule. We got there a bit late assuming they'd be late as Nepali performers are bound to, but missed parts of the show. It's fine. The setlist was awesome, they only played the hits, besides one song that they'd recently released. Nobody knew about it and it was a bit of a snoozefest anyway, but that's alright. Fun was had!

We sang along to most of their performances, and the crowd was high in energy. Seeing as it was a Nepali concert, some sort of altercation or fight was only to be expected, but nothing untoward happened. The remaining crowd was mostly middle-aged people with kids, or younger folks in their early twenties, mostly. There were no single women of our age group, but uhhh that's not the performers' problem, so I'll give them a leeway there.

Overall I had a heck of a time, and I'm bound to attend more of these concerts if friends and acquaintances gave me heads-up in advance. Lovely, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.