Need. To. Change. My. Attitude. Towards. work.

I wrote this title three days ago, I'm getting around to writing the meat and potatoes only now. That reflects my attitude to work. Let's discuss in detail.

They say either you can change your circumstances, or your attitude to it. Else, it's all misery. I don't mind my circumstances. My attitude to it is horrendous. I need to fix it.

I complain all the time. I moan and whine, often with a sense of pride. I've locked myself in a prison of my own making. One where my primary job is to shirk all responsibilities. To do nothing. To cheat the man. An act of communistic solidarity, undermining capitalism. It's not intentional. I'm a man of the markets. I've unknowingly become the proletariat, a member of the resistance.

This is not good. I must change my mindset. I actually love the position I find myself in. It's perfect.for where my goals lie. The treadmill of unending desires is not desirable. Personal freedom and time to explore one's interest is of the highest value. That's where I'm at. Yet I don't appreciate it.

How might I change my attitude to work? What could I do to be more respectful of my circumstances? What could I do to give more to my company and coworkers? To give them the value they deserve out of me?

My attitude towards work needs to change. Right now. Right here. Starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.