So much dal, I won't have to worry about lentils thanks to Weee!

Got 20 lbs of dal delivered the other day, of five different kinds. Which means I'm basically set for the next year or so. My second order from Weee, and at this point the prices seem to be alright? As long as they don't charge me extra fees and I'm not paying for delivery, the minimum order size of $35 is acceptable.

Dal is such an easy way to get protein and fiber, I've missed it for the last several months. Because it's simple to prepare -- boil with spices, basically -- one often finds it easy to overlook the entire class. But that's not a downside, it's a sure staple: it goes with every carb source, and helps sort absorption issue. Taking protein with carbs helps even a diabetic absorb the sugars and carbs easily, apparently. So that's another level to control my cholesterol and diabetes issues in one step...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.