Making good progress on writing with the editor and the writing class

This is one of the better money-spendy decisions I've made. I've been talking to and meeting an editor for the last two months or so. The idea was to help me improve my written essays for the website. Instead it's turned into a writing class of sorts. I like it this way, because of teach a man to fish thing. This is what I've been looking in recent times anyway. Somebody to critique my work, and provide comments. His comments are informed and to the point. He points me to resources to use to improve myself.

Only thing is...I negotiated quite badly initially. It's okay at the moment, the first initial run for $200 is going to be out soonish I think. Beyond that, we'll need to renegotiate. I'll need to cut down costs pretty severely, as much as 40%. If that works, I'm considering doing a bulk purchase of his time.

It's challenging to know where you are lacking as a writer. Shit like chatgpt and gemini -- ai models -- don't know how to teach good writing. And best, they are poor teachers. It's curious how the introduction of those moronic models made me actually take up proper editor and writing class.

Pity. Such pity. For the ai.

For me, good times. Hope I remember the lessons and internalize them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.