How quickly you make friends sometimes!

I'm..confused, is this a poem
Or a random essay of sorts
Am I writing about someone
special, a particular person
or is it just a general commentary
on the nature
of friendship?

When I say a 'friend',
what do I mean, really,
a friend friend or
not-a-friend friend
if you know what I mean,
because when has one
been quick to make friends
lasting more than a
medicated night out
about town?

Surely then,
the title is not right
it must be set straight
How quickly you
get to know people
sometimes,
which you hope
is mutual,
the knowing part I mean,
otherwise it can
get
confusing.

Do you remember those films
The after midnight series
Linklater, was it him?
Women friends were all over them--
wasn't it about this,
the nature of friendship
relationship
and how quickly you make them?

What's new here, dub,
let's get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.