A lovely night in Quincy, daylight savings [Saturday 2]

After we got back home late in the morning Saturday morning, I slept well into the day. I had planned/hoped to go to work to get my bike back, but was lazing around until at least 2PM. I remember talking to my international friends, talking to Preena on the phone, and using a lot of internets, but the time just went by...It was a complete and total waste of time that didn't even make feel particularly good about myself, so no defence of anything there.

Something notable about yesterday was the post on meditation and meditation techniques posted on the Orange Website. There's a conflict between being enlightened and being empathic, and being happy, and three's various approaches to balance the three. There are also medium-advanced meditation techniques apparently which let you control and modulate your mode by simple meditation combined with physical actions. I was excited by that; the persons involved talked about putting themselves in constant state of bliss (and later realizing that may not have been the best idea) but I would surely put myself in a super productive mood, with the kind of productivity (do I want to write? do I want to cook? do I want to ferment?) determined by my pre-planned calendar. So I'd spend a long time figuring my calendar and timetable out, and then using those meditation techniques, make myself really into doing those things. The trick is to apparently imagine how you feel when you have your target emotional state, and copy the physical body state associated with that state. Gradually, apparently, with a lot of grit and consciousness of what you're doing (including remembering target states so you can emulate them), you can change your complete mindset and mood in a matter of minutes. If you can get such flexibility honestly, who the heck cares about happiness anyway?

Just as I had gotten out of the bed room, finished watching the tv (because I was just procrastinating the chores), and getting ready to head out to work to fetch my bike, I got a phonecall from Sbk inviting me to his place. I didn't need no second invitation for I hadn't seen him in a month and I do like the feeling of a sleepover. So off I went, with an hour of preparation with change clothes and everything. Took the 80 bus to Lechmere, waited forever for the green line train (inside the train too) there not understanding why it was taking such a long time, got off in Park street and missed my train by twenty seconds resulting in extra ten minutes of travel time, got off at the wrong end of the station in North Quincy, increasing my travel time further, got into a McD only to realize that they had discontinued making my favourite items, and finally got back to the regular way, reaching their apartment an hour and thirty minutes after I'd left home.

Sbk's cousin was there too, and so was a younger student from our HS who is his tenant now starting this week. I'd met him a couple of years ago in DC when they were playing soccer, still have their photos in my camera etc. Ate dinner, watched tv, talked a bunch, and played a half-dozen games of dhoombal card game. I was losing the first few rounds pretty badly but I caught up and started playing pretty reasonably for the last several rounds. Sbk and Pb went to bed at 12.30'ish and the rest of the gang was not sure what to do.

I got a bit intoxicated with them, and we watched a tonne of youtube videos, songs, Nepali rap, etcetera until 3am. That's 3am after the daylight savings change. That's right, I spent the hour gained in daylight savings chilling with the guys. After watching what seemed to me like the thirtieth video of the night, I called it over, and went to bed. I slept in one of the middle rooms, comfortably in Sbk's sleeping bag because his new tenant brother hadn't moved in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.