Thanksgiving plans

Since NG moved into his apartment in Phila, I've been going to DC less often. It's in an incredibly convenient location has all the restaurants and bars near it and museums and performance centers are just next door to it. Our friends too are quite excited about the location and the apartment. Despite being an old building the corridors are well taken care of the bedrooms are large and the living room is comfortable yet accommodating. They have a pretty large tv too.

Due to all our friends' other plans for thanksgiving, this year it's going to be just he and I in Philly for thanksgiving. It'll be low-key but I'm looking forward to it. Loud and busy holidays are fun but quiet and intimate celebrations with the people closest to you are something else. SS (of HLS fame) and her sister might be coming too with her sister or it could be my misunderstanding of her plans either way it's going to be interesting.

The last time I was there we went to a Dosa place nearby which made me realize what a long time it had been since I had a good dosa. Friends from DC who went to Philly last weekend explored the culinary scene of Philly quite a bit, they were so inspired they're now doing experimental food runs back home instead of going to their favorite Sichuanese restaurant every week. Interesting times lay ahead from them as well.

The tickets to Phildelphia are expensive even for the bus and I'm not yet sure when I'm leaving. The plan was for me to be productive over this weekend and get work stuff done asap and then work from home twice a week this week but I spent all of this weekend getting caught up on sleep so it's still unclear if that will happen. And the busride will be brutal which means more sleep to catch up on. Besides that things should be fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.