Parasite, and double hangouts [Saturday 9]

Went to bed at 1.30am, folks had come over, talked to them and hung out with them a bit. It was a general sausage party with SS who works at HLS added. Talked about a bunch of Nepali things and who-knows-who-knows-who things which I'm not into anymore so did a little research in Puranic mythologies. Also wrote last evening's posts (both of them) at this time. Perhaps because there was a lot of distraction around, or because it had been a lot and mentally tiring day, but wasn't so inspired for yesterday's posts, and it shows. It's not a complain or a regret just a statement acknowledging that things happened.

Considered going to bed at 10-ish because I hadn't had sufficient sleep the night before and still needed to catch up on sleep from last week. Roommate PK told me they had invited a bunch of people over at 8ish. The first folks showed up at 8.30 and we had a fullhouse at 9.30 abouts. Roommate BB and R came in at 11.30 ish and went to bed straight. There were 8ish of us hanging out.

For dinner I had grits with leftover veggies. It was a good idea to have put so much butter in because it may not have been as palatable without all the fat. Added soy sauce and kimchi in too for good measure. I'm beginning to discover my own theme and ingredients that go into it, pretty happy about that.

AD drove SS and J and I back from Brookline at 6-ish. It was such a pleasant ride, that I didn't have to do public transport in the frozen winter wasteland was a relief. I complained a bit too much maybe that's the station in life right now and there are things I can do to change them but it's not clear if there's any desire or ability to make things happen.

At Brookline I finally convinced people to watch Parasite, SS and J had watched it too and loved it and we nagged JD (among others) until they relented. She found it a tad stressful but matters of such inequality are bound to generate some emotions. The khher that AD made was pretty good specially with smashed pistachios and cashews (in addition to the whole versions of them) added to those. I helped him make it while he played Apples-to-Apples, didn't realize it was such a large undertaking. If I were to make it, would definitely need someone else helping me and taking turns to stir it because spending an hour and a half stirring milk every five minutes or so is not fun.

Also watched the nice Amazon documentary about  the tibetan orphanage in Northern India.

Oh yeah, and we played that game where there's a word on the card, and a bunch of banned words and you're supposed to explain to your teammates what the word is without using the banned words and you get the card if you guess the correct word. SS+J brought those, and these had 4 words (two on each side) so so many combos you could play. I did not unreasonably well...I get stressed out my such games real quick so it was a relief that it was awful.

We cooked a  bunch of roasted vegetables, dips, eggs for brunch, ate 'em with fruits breads, cheeses. My appetite, which is quite small, showed, and I was made fun of for eating so little. Fortunately we had SS around, whom I'm jokingly called food demon in the past because I've known days where he had three full lunches at various places because he couldn't say no to people, who finished all that I couldn't eat. No food wastage, yay! It was the Avocados that I couldn't finish, such a bummer but aah things are as they are. A+J had made their own hummus which is suuch an exciting concept. Need to get on that ASAP.

We got to Brookline at 10.30-ish, after AD kindly picked SS+J and I from our places. He lives close by in Malden and it wasn't a too much of a drive out of the way, still nice of him to have offered and picked us up.

Got ready for the Brookline trip at 9.30ish. Got up quite early for a weekend morning (8ish), talked to folks at home (all doing great, thanks for asking), wrote a post or two, and all set up for a long and exciting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.