Mealprep, quincy return [Sunday 3]

As I write this, it's nigh-midnight and I'm exhausted. I could fall into the bed right now without writing anything but I have to complete the series of posts for yesterday and today. It's not a good idea to keep on delaying your daily posts in the name of friends or socializing or whatever the excuses may be. The best proof of good discipline is in fact to maintain the daily routine on days there's a lot of celebrations or socializing happening, as a proof of commitment to the task.

In any case, just finished my pushups and daily bookread -- read a couple of paragraphs of the betches' book . I spent 20 minutes cleaning the kitchen, and three hours meal-prepping for the week. I made a nice two-bean salad with cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, yoghurt, onion, spices, salt, sriracha, soy sauce, black beans, and chickpeas. I'll be eating that for lunch every day of the week. I also boiled a dozen eggs out of which I had to eat two eggs because they were more undercooked than I hoped they'd be and I was unable to peel them without spoiling. I need to learn how to boil a dozen eggs at the same time because even after putting them in there for a really long time I had a hard time peeling those eggs. Also roasted green beans, cooked collard greens sauteed in butter and garlic, and made a very basic tofu and tomato gravy. Finally, ate far too many garlic breads in the oven, I had brought a packet from Wegmans and decided to eat them today. Didn't et too much time to spend with semi-roommate I and friend of the house JS who were both over this evening.

The Wegmans trip that I mention in the earlier post happened between 5.30 and 7.30. Roommates were sure I wasn't going to go because it was a cold dark night and I have a history of making elaborate plans on nights like these and not following through because it's too dark and cold. Today however I had to go through the plan because I had to return the lights and get new one so I could play around my bike again starting tomorrow. I was also planning to make my bean salad for the week and I needed some ingredients for that. Wegmans was charming as always, the walk there and back was barely noticeable thanks to The Office episodes that I was listening to on the way. I also finally found the sushi soysauce (mentioned in the post about Wegmans) again, and I'm excited to dump it on everything I eat.

Before the Wegmans trip I spent a couple of hours talking to roommates, trying to catch up on the nap, and general youtubing. It was a sunny day today so I got sum warm sunlight in my room which felt really good. In the early afternoon though, I ended up spending an hour and half outside the apartment -- I left my key at work on Friday and none of my roommates were home. Fortunately it wasn't a very big loss as I did during that time what I was going to do in my room anyway: educational/humor youtube channels.

I should have checked if anyone was to be at home at the time of my arrival. I got up at 9.30 ish in the morning and SBK asked if I was ready to leave because he has a weekly appointment in Somerville early in the morning. I said yes and left without so much as brushing because I was hoping to get home on time so I could go to work to get my bike back. That didn't happen this weekend, what a bummer. Sbk dropped me on broadway and I took the 89 bus to the regular place and walked from there. On the way I saw someone really cute who kept looking at me so I kept checking  my face for obvious defects or things I messed up. Once I got home I realized no one was here so spent the time out in the sun checking what the neighbors were up to. Let met tell you this, if I had more time in my hands I'd to it all day every day because as it turns out, there's a lot of things happening in our neighborhood.

I've been eating rice for a couple of meals now, because of my laziness and also because that's how it's turned out to be and I'm worried if I'm getting a lot of belly mass due to this. I've given almost entirely on cardio at this point despite being on the dot with the other workouts so I should be really careful about that. Hope everything's okay with that one. I can already see muscle mass being developed underneath the fat and I'm really excited for it to be more visible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.