Commutes and walks [Monday 4]

Got up at 6.30 in the morning today, still on the Summer time. Ended up wasting a lot of time staring about and showering. Figured I'd get to work earlier than usual and start before everyone else but it wasn't to be: ended up taking the regular bus since I had to wait for 15 minutes, and then missed 4 trains at Sullivan because the Orange line was messed up. My roommate who left house 20 minutes after I did and got to Sullivan 12 minutes after got on the earlier train because he was smarter than I was and went a couple of stations outbound so he had a place to stand in the trains.

Took my 2 bean salad to work, and an apple and banana. Had an Apple, a Banana, and a few small pastries from the lunch they had at work in the morning. This morning's breakfast was one of the best they've ever had. Work was pretty usual, got a couple of meetings, and haven't got my code in yet, I need to get the folk to let it in. Figured I'd get my salad for lunch but I was so full from the pastries and fruits ended up not eating anything.

After work I talked to two of my coworkers, one of who is launching her awesome new product in the market tomorrow. I'm considering buying it if it costs less than 80 ish bucks. We talked a bunch and walked to DTX from work, it took me 50 minutes before I got on the Orange line. It wasn't as bad as the morning and I got comfortably in. The ride to Sullivan was painful because I got in the middle of the train and there was no place to hold, but to make up for that I got up on the bus straight after getting off the train. 15 minutes on the bus from Sullivan to home, during which I wrote one of the posts earlier.

At home spent the first hour talking to family and on Youtube. Then made myself dinner (veggies from yesterday, with grits) as we watched Sex and the City with semi-roommate I. On the side I was also eating and writing here a bit. After the guys were tired of SATC, we watched season 3 of the Inbetweeners as I worked out and cleaned up. I write this from the living room rewatching a stupid Inbetweeners episode for the fifth time (Inbetweeners is not very conducive to rewatch, it's not a repeat-friend show it's rather loud). Need to finish all my pushups just finished reading a few pages of King's On Writing as I wrote this sentence. And then it's bed time.

This was the first dark day of winter and things will only get worse. I feel slightly cold in my legs but I can keep myself warm otherwise. As long as I get to checking things off of my list and getting on a good habit (more on that later), I should be good. This is all I have for today, it was a low key day and I can't think of anything exciting to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.