Markets and the boys [Wednesday 6]

Slept at 12.30 in the am listening to Office Ladies the new podcast from two actors of the show that I've been listening to lately. I've gone to bed listening to the latest episode three times and haven't made it more than halfway through. In somewhat related note I can't seem to find my earbuds anywhere at home or at my work. It's annoying because I don't want to buy a third pair of earbuds in three months. It's a great piece of technology, it was cheap but worked great didn't get all knotted up. Hope to find it soon.

Got to bed after watching tv and chilling with PK, SM and PK's friend as we discussed markets and price discovery mechanism. We don't usually talk about such things with such passion for such a long time and it was strange yesterday. PK's friend was confused a bit and left before we ended our discussion. A little while before, PK's friend AP of the North End was here too and so was roommate BB, it was a full house with lively conversation.

The guys ordered dinner from Himalayan Kitchen and I made faper ko roti, which turned out really poorly because I didn't put in enough water. It was soggy and too dry at the same time in the opposite ends. Forced myself to eat that and then ate a little rice with the green veggies and eggs I cooked up earlier this week. Getting concerned that I might not be able to finish it all by the weekend.

For the first half of the evening I researched various puranic and vedic mythologies individuals and events. To fill my so called novel up because I can't come up with original stories anymore and if I stole it from the Ved and the Purans there's going to no one who will mind that. Some of the interesting research stuff I posted in the previous post. More coming from that direction.

After getting back from work I youtubed and listened to podcasts for an hour searching every corner for my earbuds. No good. The commute back was long but not stressful -- did the Greenline->DTX->Sullivan->101 commute again because it made the most sense though 101 left later than it should lave. The bus ride was quite comfortable allowing me to do some writing -- see the post on Post Platform, two posts ahead of this.

Work was productive generally and the meetings were useful too. Got a lot of docker-related work done. Also quite productive in terms of writing -- got to 1000 words there today which is an improvement over what I've been doing lately. Had planned to go to Harvard Square for the writing group session that was cancelled however so I just took laptop home. Had planned on working on the Blogger cli and doing some serious prompted writing but that ended up not happening because I was busy with the boys and the vedic research.

Got my bean salad for lunch, definitely not going to finish it this week but I don't think I'm going to get tired of it too soon. The savoriness and the spice helps. What a great invention I made! If I could just add some alu bhujia from the indian store to it while eating it, it would become elevated to the next level. I like it so much I wouldn't be surprised if people would buy it happily if offered at a reasonable price. I probably spent 10 bucks for that mess of beans, spices and veggies, and could easily sell it in smaller sizes for a total of 50 bucks. And that's when I'm not going commercial. I bet it would cost a lost less if I did my own beans and made my own yogurt and bought the veggies at bulk prices. The only problem I have with it, kind of, is there's too much out-of-season vegetables in it for my comfort these days. Quite filling. Ate it with the rest of the team, something I hadn't done in a long while.

Morning work was alright, caught up with straggling projects and completed them. Commute to work was pretty great too -- there were some delays here and there but I managed to squeeze into the train my a matter of inches. Got up really early, showered, spent a solid chunk of time writing. I've been getting up really on time lately, make me feel really grat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.