Lack of inspiration

Inspiration is lacking, not just for serious writing stuff but for even basic words. Expectations have risen as I've told more and more people about this. And now I can't handle it. I can't handle it. I can't do fiction anymore because I'm ashamed of my writing. It was supposed to bad or mediocre writing just to get started with writing but progress would have been great. Everyone wants to improve at some point and write stuff that people actually want to read. And then notice all the flaws, not just the new flaws but flaws that were not there anymore but have been introduced to new text because you don't know what you're doing and then you discover the founding principles of your writings as a young person and oh shit they're great you've been doing it all wrong how do you even go back.

Read this here: https://litreactor.com/essays/chuck-palahniuk/nuts-and-bolts-%E2%80%9Cthought%E2%80%9D-verbs and it all makes sense. Originally found it from here: https://writing.stackexchange.com/questions/15942/thought-verbs-a-sign-of-weak-writing-or-a-stylistic-choice

Whatevs. I'll live. I'm not writing it for other people right now, and as of right now this is all me me me. YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

This is great though, that I'm thinking of learning actual writing writing rather than letting my ego get in the way of it. Writing can always be a craft and no matter what Stephen king says or even if he's write I'm sure I'm still a salvageable person as a writer. It'll be fine, I just need to jump into the craft like I first jumped into the swimming pool when I was really afraid of it. The pool of writing is more dangerous than the swimming pool for there are vicious blood-thirsty Sharks out to get your blood and then other swimmers all ready to cannibalize you and drown you and then use your body to float because it's a tiring world out there. Swimming is hard and you could always do with a support. That's what it is. Not saying that people are mean saying that it's all crap and meanie world just that...it' hard for a guy out there and you gotta be careful you know readers are not as kind and considerate as everyone is right now.

Still. Some fuckin' good advice out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.