The good, pretty alright people of Cali

Are the people of the People's Republic of California nicer and friendlier or did I just stumble into a non-representative sample of them?

Example 1: Everyone who has reached out to me and talked and chatted yet has been from California. There was close to zero effort from my part. This is with the confrerence attendees. How does that even happen?

Example 2: This has happened twice now so it's worth nothing. Age appropriate women good looking have waved, smiled and tri d talking to me out of nowhere. I checked if there was anyone behind and there wasn't and they laughed and pointed at me so that was definitely nice. It's all either a massive practical joke to befuddle and mess around with the naive East-Coaster who doesn't know the wily Californian way, or it's that people are nice.

Example 3: This is maybe not the best example but the people who're out on the streets playing dice randomly -- there's a good number of people who seem they're not homeless just roaming around in the streets having fun aka 'loitering' if you want to be a boring narc who hates fun -- they've invited be to their dice games and even offered me good odds. Not that I'd do that, but it feels good to have human contact with random strangers that's not strictly transactional even if there's a possibility those strangers might be attempting to scam you.

I don't know. Maybe I'm reading too much into random occurrences which I'd have noted in Boston to. That's the issue, things like these don't happen over and over. Once a happenstance, twice a coincidence, third's a weird occasion, and more than that and it's a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.