Laundry and long convo [Wednesday 13]

It's 2 after 12 and I'm late to go to bed because I did my laundry finally. It's a chore because I have a lot of spare clothes so I can go a long time without doing laundry but when I do do it it takes a long time to get it done and fold it. It was that day today. Spent 2 solid hours folding the clothes.

At least I was calling people over the phone, having long conversations about life, people, self respect, the universe and everything so it wasn't a total bore. Got my 60 pushups done, and just finished reading Light Fantastic the book, a couple of paragraphs out of it. It's just about the technicality of reading it and I did it well and good.

Watched The Office a couple of minutes between laundry rounds. The house was rather quiet today because roommate PK is at a friend's, roommate SM came in late and went to bed early, and roommate BB was busy with his things. I was busy with laundry so didn't get much time to hang out with them either.

Commute back from work was fortuitously timed though it still took me fourty minutes. At least I was productive for the last ten minutes or so when I wrote the post about Indra and the clouds, but also I fell asleep during the last part of the trip so I went one stop over.

Work was amazingly productive, had a great meeting with my manager, we're planning for the trip to San Diego now, lunch was good, I'm almost done with the big batch I made, and the morning was great too. Got a solid hunk of writing done at work. Some of it was around the theory of how writing shittier things at works makes me write better for this work and I'm beginning to see a lot of merit into that approach of analyzing my writing habits. Need to follow up more on that later.

Got a BB sandwich at work, the one that I've told multiple times should be named after me. It's one of the most satisfying breakfasts I ever have, with three packets of spicy sauce, and i know sometimes I have a lot of snacks and lunch at work and it's not totally sensible to eat out, but it makes me so content and happy that I just...must. I can't do it every day because of the egginess of it but once in a while as a treat...oof, maamma miaaa!

The morning commute was such a frustrating experience, I ended up missing three trains, had to go back two stops, and then had to move out of that train into a different one because they just stopped in Park Street. In the end it ended up taking me 1 hr 10 minutes to complete the journey which is ridiculous because I could have walked the whole way in 20 more minutes. I had actually left home a little early today because I got up at 6.30 without wanting to, delayed it to 6.55, showered got ready, did the writing, and left at what I thought was a reasonable time. So despite all of that, the delay was quite annoying. I really wish to become more of a morning person.

Still haven't figured out the cardio/high-intensity task I've been planning on going back to, should really work on that. Also look at the list of things I made here couple of days ago and get to that. The current plan is to wait at least till the SD trip to get back to all of it we shall see how it goes.

Finished writing all of this in less than 10 minutes, I'm pleasantly surprised at the achievement. I should practice the pomodorro technique more. It's cold inside and I'm not wearing warm enough clothes so I need to sleep. Goodnight world. Goodnight R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.