A regular (almost) day [Thursday 2]

Got up at 7, ready by 7.30, bid farewell to TD who was leaving during the day for ATL, walked to Davis, Red and Green Line to work. Since it had been so long since I last wrote, no writing was done during either of the commute phase. Besides, I was not feeling completely well, which I later diagnosed as being lack of proper sleep.

At work, I freaked out for having a lot to catch up from during the holidays. Thanks to two of my coworkers, I was caught up completely by the end of the day. Skipped lunch, went to the sandwich place for my regular order, with only one egg. Had a lot of nuts to account for the lack of lunch. Was done with everything by 3.30, left work at 4.20, took the Red line route back home.

Back home, napped for a bit because I was really really tired. After I got up, the house was full in its old self, roommates AL BB PK and semi-roommate I, watched Scooby Doo and parts of some sex show on netflix I was not into, had a very basic dinner of bread hummus and eggs, went to bed at 10, but slept at 12.30 because it felt weird.

Eye was twitching the entire day due to lack of sleep, feels better now. I'm writing this the next morning.

At work I'd planned on catching up with all the posts yesterday. That will not be happening since I took a restful day off. Might work on it this afternoon or evening, but will definitely get back on it tomorrow. Made me realize that I'm not very passionate or disciplined when I'm having a good time, which I guess says a lot about how I work and how perhaps writing developed as a coping mechanism, question mark. Even if not, I need to get back into the routine even when I'm busy and having a great time, will start by building a checklist out for those days.

Will do the 2 missing days worth of journal entries this evening, and then catch up with three days worth of posts (which at this count is 11, besides the journal entries which I have to do anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.