I'm still around y'all

Like a ghost, creeping out on my readers, haunting their dreams... I wish, writing horror would be so badass... And just generally glooming about nothing important to do or accomplish it seems.

I mean yeah the drive has slowed down since the holidays season but that's called the holidays slowdown in creative circles apparently. Of which I'm a part now, thank you very much. It's the third of January the holiday slog is over and so is the slog in my writing, I'm fast as a goddamn bank robber making an escape from the popo if you get my gist so of course I'm going to write quality material. Is fiction rare around these pages? Yes. Will it change? Yep. Will the quality be good? Nope. And why not, because it's never been good to begin with, it's all to get the writing bug in me remember folks not to become a prizewinning author who gives commencement speeches at liberal arts school about inspiration and grit and hanging on to your dreams. Maybe that day will come but it's not today and this is not what is going to take me there.

In any case, this feels good. Like I'm back home from a journey and so much to share. In my cosy pjs and matching hats, next to the fireplace with a hot chocolate spiked with whiskey, not mine of course I don't drink, generally speaking. Gonna get caught up soon, yipee dipee doo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.