Disappointments and popped balloons

 I was talking to SA on the phone yesterday, for three hours, and we talked about what had been happening in our respective lives. She asked me about a situation I'd been pretty excited about two years ago and which we hadn't really talked about since. I told her the exact scenario, what caused the disappointments, and she was like nuh uhh that maybe is not giving too much credit to yourself, maybe the situation is salvageable, and I told her that once the air was out of the balloon, no matter how hard one tried, it wouldn't fly. Alas, a popped balloon is a disappointing balloon and it is irreparable, in the time and resources it'd take to repair one, one could acquire ten others. Sad but true. And we're not talking about balloons ya dumdums, it's all a metaphor, get itt, just...getttitttt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.