I love doggos but I ain't getting one immediately

 Perhaps it's a sign of my maturity, but I can understand why somebody would get a dog. I can also see why I might want to get a dog someday, in the near future. However that time has not yet come, and after petsitting M for a couple of days and hanging a bunch with SB's dogs in Texas, I've come to the realization that it's exactly like taking care of a baby, in terms of time commitment and energy. I'm a single guy out and about town, and yes I do want forced structure in my life, but I do not want that to be an hour each in the mornings and evenings, mandatory, to go to dog parks and walking in general. I'd still prefer some flexibility around that. So there's more learning left to happen, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.