Walking as a way of life

 I've written about the benefits of walking in the past, have even mentioned that I'm currently reading a book on the same subject. Bringing this up again because it's not been happening for the last two weeks due to all the dislocations happening in our lives, and the fact that a large part of America hates walking and makes it impossible for folks to walk around in their neighborhoods in a safe manner without being treated as criminals. In any case, I plan to restart serious walking in the day, saw that somebody had walked ~25 miles around the Seattle area over the course of the day in nine hours, exploring various neighborhoods, and I'm considering doing that. Because there's a few neighborhoods I haven't been to, and really want to explore, and the pitiful rain is not gonna bother me. I'll walk the crap out of the Northern neighborhoods of the city and get to know those places intimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.