The backup option

I'm under the notion,
That
In people's mind,
I'm the backup option.

So you ask me,
As a hardworking reporter,
Sir, how does it feel,
Do you feel safe and proud
Or are you a big fucking loser?

It's not the backup that gets me,
What bothers one is the uncertainty
Of people's plans, even at the most basic
Could you for a change
Make up your goddamn mind
So I can fuck off
And search for my own find?
I like you, that is true,
But dear gods forgive me for this
I ain't standing in a queue
Until you figure out your plans
The town, the job, and the outlook of you.

Man what a mess,
I'll be the first to 'fess
The total lack of structure and plan
Doesn't inspire much confidence,
And this from a disorganized man.
The embers of affection and love
That back in the day burned white hot
Begin to cool down, with not a sight
Of any steps you might take
Towards the direction right.
And much like an annoying parent
I must say
I'm not sad or mad
Just disappointed.
A little bit in you, yes
But this one's on me, my big loss
So now I wonder
If I must end this, completely surrender
And start my new journey
To be the protagonist
Of my own
Goddamn story.

For all the awesome things you may be,
Love,
And forgive me for this
But I wish you were a better
Writer, fighter, mightier.
This is clearly the story
Of your life
Where I have no role
Besides a minor character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.