Milk kefir taking its sweet sweet time to come back to full strength, ack!

So I tried reviving my milk kefir grains from their stasis by putting them on a LOT of milk couple of days ago. Had this been summer by now they would have curdled up and turned into cheese but they were still kinda watery and not much had changed by the looks of it. I was in a rush, a little bit, and I needed a taste test, so I drank a big cupful of them. Not sure if they are fully matured yet since I haven't had tummy issues as of yet, and if I don't have them, honestly this is a good way to consume milk in it's 'as close as natural' form. If not, then it's probably because they were just waking up and the cold weather didn't help, in which case back to the hibernation chamber it is for them in new raw milk!

Hope the culture isn't dead though. Haven't worked with water kefir much lately, but it's cold brrr, not really time for those. The old bottled komuchas have been fantastic, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.