@Voice Aloud Reader TTS Software: A review

I downloaded the ad-supported version of the @Voice Aloud Reader android app so I could turn my 'regular' books into audiobooks, as I've so gotten into the vibe of audiobooks, it's unclear why or when I might read regular ebooks on my phone (or kindle, oh noes, for that matter) again. This is a review of that app.

First, it's got literally every single.effing.feature one could ever ask for, and so much more. It's a tidy little app that does a lot, is better in so many aspects than google play's 'read aloud' feature, and is a full-on app worth lots of...attention to its ads, I guess.

Where the situation of the ads comes in. It's feckin' infested by ads man, and I understand ya need the ads for paying your bills but they're like literally everywhere, which is a bit grilling for someone who has little to no experience in looking at ads anywhere. The good news is the ads don't appear or blare out aloud when you're listening to the audiobooks, the bad news is every time you need to interact with the ui they come up sometimes blocking the entire screen so you have to wait for things to clear up before clicketty clicketty.

So I gave it a real big thought and maybe ten buckaroos for this app is worth it, I don't know, depends on how much I value the text-to-voice feature, but if the audiobook mania goes on for a bit longer, and I can't stand the idea of reading books anymore, this might actually not be a bad idea.

Other considerations: the voice on this app are better than Google's standard voices, the reading ability of theirs is better than any other software I've used. I looked around to make sure it was not made by some sketchy data-stealing chinese company, and it doesn't appear that way, hopefully?

In any case, hella good app, well done to the developer, who appears to be the sole creator of the application and appears to have made millions selling it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.