A Dolemite Friday [Friday 13]

It's a Friday, for second/third day in a row I'm taking a rest from workouts. Not in the best health right now anyway. Also it's Friday the 13th lol. bOOOooHOooHooOOoo.

Work was fine, morning commute was a little annoying, got a long meeting that cleared everything up with the folks, last team dinner with the co-ops, left work early and took the Davis route back home. Spent a few hours just youtubing in my room, went out and watched the movie Dolemite, the Eddie Murphy one with roommate AL. Roommate PK and BB were at their office parties so it was just AL and myself. We talked for a solid two hours after the movie ended. Roommate PK and R came back late, talked to them for a bit, everyone went to bed and I started writing stuff. Didn't feel like I had much to write anyway.

And that's what it's about. I have very little happening, that what is happening I can't write about, and I don't do interesting things. All I do is write, which is great because at least that's something that's happening, but writing doesn't happen in vacuum. Garbage in garbage out and I'm pure garbage so whatever is coming out is worse than garbage it's loam. Lower than loam it's...mantle, magma, core. It's trash, crap, dirty, shit, etcetera. Not because of my poor writing skills -- they're not that poor besides I'm improving all the time anyway -- but because interesting stories need one to have lived a rich rewarding life. I on the other hand...survive...barely interact with people, don't leave my house, don't care for a lot of people who do want to hang out or come to my home, don't make an effort to get to know people, don't ask for people's numbers, don't call or text people whose numbers I do have, and so on and on and on. What's up with all that. What even, like. Survival is not sufficient to be a writer. One must live, truly, to get anything interesting in the paper. Fiction is fun because reader's can connect to it, not because it's intellectual shit from demented minds.

I need new hobbies and challenges to 1) test that I'm actually really disciplined and not writing because I live such a nerfy life, 2) actually do fun interesting things, and 3) distract myself from everything else that's happening. I don't drink and barely do anything else, not even chicken so distraction from real life doesn't come as easily to me to most folks around. A boon and a curse if I may.

Gonna be taking this weekend pretty seriously, going to be doing serious things with serious passion and commitment. Half-assing things is great when I'm starting low and slow (such as for this one, which is still in the low and slow mode) but when push comes to shove and it's action time, gotta put your mind fully into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.