Aldi trip hack quick and easy

Trying my hand at clickbait titles....

I usually bike to Aldi which is not very possible in the winter because I'm lazy, there's the freezing cold deadly roads and the absolute despise Boston drivers have for bikers. A few trips to Aldi on foot a season are doable and I've done that in the past but whaddya gonna do if you're out of your secret stash of their 85% chocolates and that's the only thing you can bribe your coworkers with to be your friend. That's an emergency! Is the 1hr+ walk total in the dark cold evenings worth it always? Decisions decisions. It's hard to convince yourself it is though.

Solution. For a relatively small overhead, no walking, no carrying large grocery loads for hours, in the cold. I (re-)discovered that today. Went two stops beyond my regular orange line stop to Wellington, take a five-minute train ride to Aldi and a four minute walk, do the groceries, take the bus back to Wellington, train back to Sullivan and the regular way home. The net overhead is about 35-ish minutes total, which is not that much more than 2-way bike ride to Aldi. As an added advantage this can be done any time of the year. Got carried away by the excitement and binged pretty hard this shopping trip, perhaps the most I've splurged at Aldi ever. I'll justify it as holidays shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.