Strutting about

"The girl over there, with thick legs and horns like that of a rhinoceros on her head, the sister of Miss Nepal from three years ago, just came back from Copenhagen after studying or whatever," Rajesh Khakurel told his partner in crime Orbind.

Orbind nodded. "And the one you see three rows behind her, with the purple flag, yeah yeah the one with full-on suit that makes them look like a squirrel? Yup, that's the uhh actor's daughter, she transitioned a couple of years ago. I think she's cute but she is seeing someone or whatever, don't care still talk to her all the time, maybe she's into me too, who knows we'll find out," Rajesh said.

Orbind looked at his friend. "Really? How did you meet her. And how come you're not in the parade yourself if you're...if you're soo...soo supportive of her, then?" he said, dipping a biscuit in the tea and taking a bite out of it before it dissolved.

"I said to them, I want to support you guys, but if I'm there I won't know how well you're doing, so why don't I sit on the verandah of our house which overlooks the rally, and that way, you'll be able to get an honest view of an outsider who can tell you how it looked like and they agreed," he said, opening up a new packet of biscuit. "Though to be fair, it's stupid of them to have organized this all at 11am, I was barely aware and honestly man no way I'd get up so early but at least got up to support them, which is a big deal," he said. He was waving his hands at the crowd and a small group at the back of the rally waved enthusiastically back.

"And them, they're all my sister's friends and friends' sisters. They're cool, and also just became friends which is why they're so enthusiastic about the whole thing. I don't understand how young girls are so cool about this whole thing, which I'm glad they are though they almost get giddy for the whole rallying and support thing which is great but still confuses the shit out of me you know because back in our time which wasn't that long ago man, girls were pretty shitty too. In fact they were assholes I tellya, I remember this this awful piece of human being bitch who told people I was gay because I wouldn't kiss her, 'cause I wasn't into her or whatever. That wouldn't happen now which is great, yeah girls are nicer now haha, the world's changed but I don't get it. I don't get it man," Rajesh said to Orbind.

"Ahh yeah, we're getting old," Orbind said clearing the ash off his joint into the tray between them.

"It's not just about the age still, probably we were gone in all these formative years we didn't see how it happened I'm thinking you know. Like you're used to seeing someone so you don't notice anything but you see someone after a long time and you notice, ohh you've lost a lot of weight, it's like that to me," he said.

"Sounds right. Sounds right," Orbind said, "So how are you again, we're seeing each other after how many, five, six years?"

"Yeah, six now. Shit man. We're old".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.