Discipline, writing and being social

Mind is blank, I can't write, writing habit is kaput, gone, bam, tata, nada zilch nothing etcetera. Only escape out of this hole is to keep moving fingers until they're tired, until they're like, you know what man yeah we'll come up with ideas and you'll write well it's nobigdeal.

Writing more means inspiring yourself to write more, thinking in terms of writing, always seeing yourself as a writer, writing lifestyle etcetera. When the writing stops, the thinking stops, the mindset ends and it's hard to come back again. This is all quite funny because I haven't even stopped writing regularly, I've just decreased the number of posts everyday (and keep trying to play catch up with the previous day).

Also, my checklists are out of whack. Meaning I haven't followed them in a long while. I get anxious when there's no structure and I'm all by myself, but when the anxiety is taken away by socializing with friends and family, there's no reason to get to writing because why write, I'm anxiety-free.

Which means that the hard part (well harder than the current task) is getting on a regular disciplined lifestyle while still being social hanging out with friends and family, writing and doing workouts. When there's order in life and safety and still writing happening that's when the real writing happening.

Therefore, the next step to learning to be self-disciplined is to have proper form and structure with my habits while being a social animal. Let's. Do. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.