I wonder if I should send that text

When was the last time
You felt the way you do now
That smile on your face
That throb of the heart
As you type, and retype
Read and reread
And submit for a proofread?

It's fine, they say, just send it
Not sure, you think
Maybe he just doesn't want to meet
Or perhaps she does, who knows
I'd want to know they say,
Single or not, I'd want to know,
But you, dear Billy goat,
know
They're not them.

What if,
They're different, as they are, you know
And didn't want to know
You'd be axing yourself, so
And what if, what if, what if
What if what if what if
But also, but also, but also
And in the ifs and buts
You drown till there's nothing
Anymore.

The darkness of nothingness, in the land of ifs and buts.

And what now, where you at
They ask
Don't wanna talk, all's good
You tell
But secretly,
In the possibilities, and the glow of desire
You bask
In the frigid Boston winters cold
That source of warmth
you hold
They call it hope
Or perhaps love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.