A seasonal-vegetable grocery trip (Tuesday 3)

Read a page from Light Fantastic right now. Did the 75 pushups before that. I snuck into 75 unknowingly yesterday, and the last 5 have been quite hard.

Cleaned up the room and did other morning chores a couple of minutes ago, since I was unable to do that this morning due to tight schedule. That included eating a fruit, such a crispy apple I just had ahh. Got back to doing my daily checklists and boy does it feel good...it's unclear why I even got lazy about it -- was it hunger? was it lack of vitamins? was it anger at myself? maybe i just needed a vacation -- but I'm energized.

Spend about an hour and a half making lunch/dinner for the coming days. Boiled a dozen eggs, and made a winter(ish) three-bean salad. This time it included jalepeno, lots of soy sauce, grabanzo black and kidney beans, sriracha, a lot of feta, chopped carrots, lime juice, yogurt, garlic and onions, and the special spice (gundruk ko achar, I think it was). Though the base is the same as the last time, the lack of tomato and cucumber makes it more seasonal, I'm excited about that. The volume is also about half of what I made then.

Ate two cookies that roommate BB made before starting with cooking. I came back from wegaman's at 9.30-ish (two hour trip) and didn't feel like doing anything, so the cookies were godsent  -- that's where I got the energy to cook really. The grocery trip was productive and I got mostly all seasonal vegetables and fruits most of which I've never cooked with or eaten even before, so it's going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

Rested for an hour or so after coming back from work (commute was pretty regular...green line to Park St, walk to DTX, orange line to sullivan and 101 home) and got ready for the wegman's trip. Napped for maybe fifteen minutes without meaning to because I was so tired. Left the work together with coworker KB we walked halfway to the station until she realized she missed something at work and had to go back to retrieve it.

Work was productive and successful. The presentation I gave during lunch was well received and the pizza lunch was quite good too. Didn't have anything for breakfast so it was good that we got a hefty lunch. The morning commute took almost 55 minutes but things went as smoothly as they could have, the orange line almost had empty seats(!) and the 101 bus wasn't too delayed.

In fact the busrides today were so comfortable and un-stressful I got two pieces of writing done throughout which is probably a record at this point.

This morning I got up at 7 but kept snoozing until 740 because I again went to bed late at 2.30. Due to that didn't do any of the morning chore (including writing) -- straight up changed washed up and left for work. The wait for the bus was a bit cold and painful but still it was one of the days I should be thankful about.

Need to shower before going to bed but thinking of just sleeping right now and showering in the morning before work. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.