Envy envy cope -- 2

Continued from here.

To get to the details, the other day I was napping at the brewery. I was high, overstuffed on the IHOP dinner, tired because the weather and the walks, and wasn't in the mood. Mostly I was high as a fly. Heads down on the table, no big deal, alright, none of some rando from New York's deal specially. Somebody should have told them that because they came up to me (sk, more like) and were all, oh nooo what's up with your friend hopefully he's okay, and I kid you not, not making it up, the second possibly the third sentence was, ohh by the way what are you doing after this wanna hang with me? I just like stared at the ceiling, escaped the brewery with the boys who fortunately for me were just heading out. Because jeeez girl let the guy freakin' breathe, it's not like he's not getting enough attention already, okay?

The other data point comes from the east coast where the location of the party in question or their initials I cannot divulge because there's readers here who may have a vested interest in the matters about to be mentioned hereforth and it would be not good if the concerned parties discovered the details of their personal lives were being laundered here in public. To cut a very long fun exciting story that I very much want to live vicariously because it sounds exactly like something that'd happen in Friends or Himym or Seinfeld or one of those things, short, a very dear fellow of mine has done excruciatingly well socially and ouch ouch ouch it hurts. So much so they've been unable to give me time on occasions I'm around to spend quality time with them. That I don't mind but it's yet another hit to the good ole' ego, to have people you grew up with and shat and showered and cooked and ate together be so confoundingly popular. Only way to describe the situation, confounding. 

It's a continued pattern I guess so not so confusing at all, there have been evidence of their popularity with various persons in the past but I attributed that to mostly poor judgment on the part of the admirers, smart people fail making simple decisions all the time and their specific decision -- or was it an impulse, more like -- could be safely ignored without harming the appraisal of their judgment in general, or having to reappraise the situation of one's fellow.

Unfortunately that approach is not sustainable anymore and I'm effing peeved. Watch out this space for more stuff in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.